MECC facilitator training
A Making Every Contact Count Train the Trainer programme for Surrey County Council
The ambition of Surrey County Council’s Public Health Team is to build understanding and capability for the role of prevention and early intervention for health and wellbeing. This includes addressing lifestyle behaviours that have exacerbated health inequalities in Surrey County Council. They will do this by taking a workforce development approach to making every contact count.
Making Every Contact Count is an approach to behaviour change that utilises the millions of day-to-day interactions that people have with other people to support them in making positive changes towards having a healthy lifestyle.
Becoming a Making Every Contact Count trainer will enable you to play an important part in your organisations’ role in embedding conversations about health and wellbeing. Making Every Contact Count training upskills the workforce to have a brief person-centred conversation about health and wellbeing-related behaviour change.
In this Train the Trainer training you will attend a Making Every Contact Count level 1 training programme, learn advanced Making Every Contact Count skills and become knowledgeable and skilled in delivering Making Every Contact Count training to others.
The Train the Trainer course will run over two days, one day as virtual training and one day in-person within a Surrey County Council venue. The training will include an eclectic range of activities blending both theory and practice.
Who is the training for?
Staff from the NHS, local authorities and voluntary organisations in Surrey who can commit to delivering three Level 1 MECC training programmes within one year of completing the training.*
By the end of the two day course participants will:
- have increased their understanding of behaviour change theory.
- be able to recognise opportunities to initiate conversations about health and wellbeing in a person centred way.
- have increased confidence, competence and motivation to initiate a conversation about health and wellbeing.
- be competent and confidence to signpost to Healthy Surrey website
- be competent and confident to deliver MECC level 1 training which meets the needs of their organisation’s workforce.
Day 1 of the training will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. Day 2 will be held at either:
- Woodhatch Place: 11 Cockshot Hill, Reigate, Surrey RH2 8EF
- Quadrant Court: 35 Guildford Road, Woking, Surrey GU22 7Q
If you have any questions regarding this training or to register for a course, please contact Healthy Dialogues or fill in the registration form by clicking on the button below.
*please note: course places are limited. A booking does not guarantee a place on the course. All those who register must have approval from their line manager to complete this training course and deliver a minimum of 3 level 1 MECC training course.